Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Demi Lovato: 'New Song Made Me Realize How Bad Things Were'


Recording new single "Skyscraper" made pop star Demi Lovato realize it was time to get help for ongoing depression and eating disorder issues - because the lyrics detailed her personal problems.

The singer/actress insists only her closest friends and family members knew of her private hell and she was even convincing them that all was well - and then she hit the studio to record what is now her comeback single.

In a candid radio interview with Los Angeles DJ Ryan Seacrest, which aired on Tuesday, Lovato said, "I heard the song before anything had happened and I was just gravitated towards it. I was like, 'I have to record this... I'm obsessed with it.'

"I went into the studio to record it... and I sat there... and I just cried my eyes out. I was, like, doubled over with emotion. It was crazy... and we finished the song and I went through everything and I tried to re-record it but it didn't have the same emotion."

Lovato checked into rehab at the end of last year and spent three months tackling her issues - and now the song, about rising up and overcoming despair, has a whole new meaning to her.

She added, "Hopefully, what this song does for my fans... it tells them it's gonna be OK."

And she assures them her rehab stint has done her the world of good and she has no plans to return to the darkest part of her life: "Now I have a clearer view, a better perspective."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More